Smoothness of paper is one of the Important factors to evaluate writing and printing aptitudes of paper, With this machine, test is conducted in the following procedure: place a sheet of paper on the well polished surface of glass constituting an optical surface, apply a 0.1 MPa pressure on the top of the paper and measure the time needed for a 10 cc air to penetrate through the gap between the paper surface and the glass surface.
For test a high smoothness paper, a rapid measurement system is provided, which is able to measure penetration time of 1 cc air, 1/10 of the standard alr volume.
1. Measurement area: 10±0.05cm2
2. Specimen pressurization: 100kPa
3. Pressurization type: cam
4. Vacuum meter: digital
5. Timer: max. 9999.9 seconds
6. Measurement vacuum: 380mm to 360mm
7. Measurement air volume: 10 cc or 1 cc, selectable
8. Referential standards: JIS P-8119-1998, TAPPI T479om-99, ISO 5627
9. Power source: single-phase VAC 50/60 Hz
10. Outer dimensions: 40×33×42cm(H)
11. Instrument weight: 25kg